Effective date: 5th February 2019
Elm Lea Residential Care Home (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.elmleacarehome.co.uk (“Website”) and the (“Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and your choices regarding that data.
By using our Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, we are required to explain to our residents why we collect information about you, how we intend to use that information, and whether we will share this information with anyone else. This statement applies to all our residents and also prospective residents.
Information Collection and Use
We collect information that is applicable to your stay with us including the care we provide.
Types of Data Collected
- Personal information (such as name, gender, date of birth, marital status and national insurance number);
- Contact details(such as your phone number, email and postal address);
- Information about friends & family(for visitations and emergency contact purposes);
- Financial information(we may ask for your bank details, payments are generally taken by direct debit or standing order);
- Healthcare provider information (such as your GP & surgery information);
- Information about your care preferences(this may also include food and activity preferences);
- Photographs of you – Clients are photographed for care purposes. If we use the photographs for advertising yourself or your family will be given a consent form prior to this.
- Information about your long term wishes(such your desired arrangements in the event that you pass away while staying with us);
- Disabilities & special requirements (this will allow us to provide you with the most appropriate care, applicable to your needs);
- Medical history & records (we keep records during your stay with us to assist in the creation of care plans and risk assessments);
Please note that there may be occasions where we need to collect information other than what is included in the above list.
How we obtain your information
The information we collect about you is obtained from a variety of sources:
- From you prior to and during your stay with s
- From your relatives and friends
- From healthcare professionals, social services and local authority agents
- From anyone who has authority to act on your behalf, e.g. power of attorney
Sharing your information
We will only share your personal information with relevant third parties as necessary to contribute towards your overall care, and to comply with the law. These third parties include, however may not be limited to:
- Local authorities
- The Care Quality Commission
We collect information about how our Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This allows us to analyse trends and movement across the Website
This includes your Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, time spent version and pages you visit on our Website. IP addresses are not linked to any personal identifiable information.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
Cookies are small files which hold data which may include a unique anonymous identifier. They are stored on your device and used to:
- Remember your preferences and various settings
- Recognise that you have already logged into a service so do not need to re-enter a username and password.
- Measure how many people use a service
You can choose to instruct your browser to refuse all cookies, or indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept cookies on our Website you may not be able to access certain portions of our Service.
For more information about Cookies and managing them visit the All About Cookies website.
How We Use Your Data
Elm Lea Residential Care Home uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To communicate with you before and during your stay with us
- To consider your admission to one of our care homes
- To provide you with more personalised care during your stay and make necessary adjustments
- Deliver the support and care you require
- To meet your dietary requirements
- Determine your decision making ability
- Administer payments for your stay with us
- Daily administration
- Monitoring your wellbeing
- Regulation and safeguarding
- Security purposes
Transfer of Data
If we need to transfer your information we use secure software to do so.
Elm Lea Residential Care Home may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Elm Lea Residential Care Home
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
When users submit sensitive information via the Elm Lea Residential Care Home website it is protected. Our website is protected with an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate as well as other appropriate precautions to keep your data secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We never ask for sensitive information such as credit card numbers on our website.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Storing & Deleting your Information
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it, or to comply with legal requirements.
When clients pass away or leave our service their information is kept in secure archives for 7 years. After this time your information is securely deleted/destroyed.
We do not generally keep personal information on computers with access to the internet.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”, “Child”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you have any questions about our use of your data, please contact us:
- By phone number: 01303 269891
- By mail: Elm Lea Residential Care Home, 17 bartholomew Lane, Saltwood, Kent. CT21 4BX.